Posting Date: November 1, 2018
Closing Date: December 31, 2018
To Apply, Please Contact:
The overall areas of responsibility include accounts payable and receivable, bookkeeping, operation of park district/club management program, preparation of budgets and annual audits, and completion of a variety of tax forms.
- Responsible for all financial records.
- Perform journal entries in QuickBooks for payroll, sales revenue, etc.
- Oversee all aspects of receivables and payables, including collections.
- Ensure completion of a variety of tax forms, including 1099 and 1095 (ACA) forms.
- Prepare state and local taxes.
- Assist the Executive Director in the preparation of the budget and an outside auditor for the preparation of the annual audit.
- Balance and reconcile all park district/club bank accounts.
- Maintain and oversee contracts related to the park district/club.
- Maintain all licenses; liquor, local, state, and pool.
- Assist in the review process of payroll hours to ensure accuracy as well as proper rate and labor allocation and download to QuickBooks.
- Work with outside consultants in the areas of accounting and information technology.
- All other job duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Education and Experience
- Must possess an Associate’s degree or higher in Business Management or related field, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of job experience in bookkeeping, including one year of QuickBooks experience.
- One year of experience in payroll administration.
- Professional certification in the areas of accounting and/or information technology.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Database/IT experience is a plus.
All offers of employment are contingent on a successful background check. The South Barrington Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All regularly scheduled employees are granted complimentary membership to the South Barrington Club.