Posting Date: March 8, 2019
Closing Date: June 30, 2019
To Apply, Please Contact:
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Part-time
We are seeking individuals who have a strong knowledge of swimming safety skills to oversee activities in our indoor and outdoor pools. Qualified candidates must be 16 years of age or older and must have an American Red Cross Lifeguarding/CPR/AED/First Aid certification. If not, we will provide training and certification courses when they are available again in August.
- Shifts are part-time, flexible, and will be anywhere between 6am-9pm, Monday-Friday and/or 7am-8pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Pay is $9.50 – $11 per hour based on experience.
- All employees are granted complimentary membership to the South Barrington Club.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain current American Red Cross Lifeguarding certification as well as American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Must be able to maintain a positive and effective working relationship with other employees and the public.
- Must be willing to learn how to teach swim lessons.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Recognize and respond to all emergencies.
- Inspect facility daily.
- Report all unsafe conditions.
- Complete all necessary reports, including: Emergency Forms, Swim Lesson Records, Pool usage Forms, and Daily Water Chemistry Log.
- Attend all staff trainings and meetings.
All employees receive a free South Barrington Club membership.
All offers of employment are contingent on a successful background check.
The South Barrington Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.